Pages

Monday 28 February 2011

Derby Dabblers first 2011 get together - this Friday

Derby Dabblers will be meeting on Friday 4th March at St. Martins Church at 6.30p.m. This will be our first 2011 get together (fingers crossed). The cost of the evening will be £3.00 and this includes refreshments and cakes/biscuits.

The theme for the evening for both cardmakers and scrapbookers will be spring so please bring along anything with spring in mind (surely spring is just around the corner isnt it?)

I will be doing two demonstrations, yes two. The first one is a very simple baby card in the shape of a nappy. The second one will be an unusual folder/envelope. Please find a list of all items needed to make these projects.

Nappy Card
  • One A4 sheet of white card
  • Pink ink and ribbon or Blue ink and ribbon
  • scissors
  • sticky stuff (glue runner, red tape or any other adhesive that you prefer)
  • scoring tool or ruler and embossing tool
  • cropodile if you have one but I will have mine with me

Folder/envelope
  • coloured card 6"x11 1/2" (I have used SU textured)
  • contrasting colour card 6" X 3 1/2"
  • 2 patterned pieces of paper 4 1/4" x 7 1/2" each
  • Ribbon to co-ordinate
  • Scorer, scoring tool or ruler and embossing tool (these are a must but I will have
a scorer with me)
  • Sticky stuff (adhesive of your choice but needs to be a strong one)
  • Velcro dots - if you dont have any I will bring extra along and we can split
the cost.
  • Ruler

Dont forget, if you dont want to make these or if you dont want to doing any thing with the spring theme, you can always bring along your own projects to work on or you can just come along for a natter, coffee/cake and catch up with everyone you havent seen for the last few months.

There will be cello bags, glue, tape runners and lots of other bits available to purchase if your stocks are running low. If you have any crafting items that you wish to sell, to swap or just to pass on, please bring them with you.

Christiana and Liz were the cakerers for February but due to cancellation of the evening, this didnt happen. Could you both let me know if you are happy to supply the cakes/biscuits for this session please. If not dont worry, I can always see if someone else can do this as I am sure there will be plenty of volunteers.

If there is anyone that hasnt been before you will be made to feel most welcome. If you need directions or any other information at all, just send me an email.

Can you let me know if you will be coming along so that I can give the cakerers a rough idea of numbers.

I am really looking forward to seeing everyone as its been so long.

Tracey



No comments:

Post a Comment