Pages

Sunday 1 May 2011

Derby Dabblers get together in May

Here are details of the next Derby Dabblers get together this Friday.

WHERE AND WHEN
Friday 6th May at St. Martin's Church Hall, Flint St. 6.30 - 9.30 and the cost is £3.00 per person

THEME FOR THE EVENING
The theme for the evening is MASCULINE... oh I can hear the moans and groans already. Not a lot of people like to do masculine projects as they arent pretty enough but, others enjoy making them. Don't forget, you don't have to follow the theme, you can bring along any project to start/complete and that's for cardmaker's and scrapbooker's alike.

QUICK DEMONSTRATION
Last month (or was it the month before), I sent a sheet of paper around the tables to see if someone would like to demonstrate at one of our get togethers. Well can I find this list? I have searched high and low to no avail so for this month, I will show you how
to make a little pocket card (I don't know it's proper name). If you would like to have a go at this, here are the items that you will need

  • 1 sheet of A4 card to make the outside wallet and the inside pullout
  • I sheet of contrasting A4 card to do some matting and layering
  • 1 sheet of white A4 card to stamp on, for the outside of the wallet and the inside pullout
  • Stamps for the images/sentiments to decorate both the outside and inside.
  • A long length of ribbon
  • Scissors
  • Adhesive, colouring mediums, ink for stamping
  • Something to score the card
  • I shall take along the stamp sets I have used to make the card in the attachment, which I shall be very happy to let you borrow.

If you would like to do a quick demo next month, or any other time this year, please let me know on the night.

CAKERERS
Alison Moore and Paula are the cakerers for the evening.

SALE AND SWAP ITEMS
If you have any crafting items that you no longer use and would like to sell them, or if you have something that you wish to swap for something else, just bring it along on the night.

RSVP PLEASE
We shall be having a few ladies joining the group this month for the first time so it would really be appreciated if you can let me know if you are coming along so that we know how many tables to set up. My email address is tracey.rossos2@hotmail.com.


If I have promised to bring anything along with me, can you just jog my memory please.

No comments:

Post a Comment