Pages

Sunday 5 July 2009

Waddington Air Show - Lincs

Hi
I've just returned from a hectic weekend at Waddington Air Show & it was very hot. Joe and I went on Friday morning in our caravan & stayed on the sports field. The local Lincolnshire Caravan Club DA have run a meet there for several years. But we have not been for ages, this was the first time we've been since 2002. We saw exellent flying displays from the Red Arrows the French Patroulle, and a Polish display team. There was loads to see and do. I was very hot yesterday on the airfield and despite' slip slopping' the sun cream I have managed to get a bit burnt on the back of my neck luckily it is not too sore. We did find nice little tea place in the cool in hangar 5 where the Lincs WI was doing a raoring trade with bacon butties sandwiches home made cakes 'proper' tea from a pot etc. I was sooooooooo cool there that we went twice!!!!
When we finally got back to the caravan my feet were throbbing!!!
Lesley x

1 comment:

  1. Oh I well remember the days when we went to every air show for miles around, including the Red Arrows 25th Anniversary in 1989 :o) It's a shame it was so hot as it makes it difficult to enjoy it!
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete